Monday, January 11, 2010

Snow Friends


Motivate Me Monday - Let It Snow Theme
The Sweet Stop - Sketch 38

Today's card uses the stamp set Snow Friends from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (SNSS). Aren't these snowmen just the cutest? And there are a lot of sweet sayings and snowflakes that come with them. Such an adorable set! {grin}

I created a mask for the snowmen and heart so that I could sponge the fading blue background behind them. Then I used a white paint pen to add the look of snow falling all around them. Coloring was done with a blender pen and ink. I covered the ground with dazzling diamonds glitter for sparkly snow and the heart with a clear glaze pen for a nice shine.

I used a couple of the snowflake stamps to make the larger background. I tapped off the ink on scrap paper before stamping to give the snowflakes a softer look. The popped off snowflakes were cut out with some nesties and traced with a sakura glitter pen. I just love how they sparkle!

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Stamps: SNSS Snow Friends
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Tempting Turquoise, Lavender Lace
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tempting Turquoise, Lavender Lace, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Cool Caribbean, Night of Navy
Accessories: Paint Pen, Glaze Pen, Glue Pen, Sakura Glitter Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Snowflake Nesties, Gem Brads, Sponges

21 comments:

Danni said...

Love the sky and snow you gave these sweet snowmen!! Such a wonderful card!!

Natalie said...

That is a wonderful snow card!! GReat job!

Sandi Berg said...

Wow! I love the background. The snowflakes looks so soft! You did a fab job coloring!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh those snowmen are too stinkin' cute! All your extra little touches add so much to the card, too! Great job!

Vickie Y said...

Your snowman card is adorable! Great job with the masking. Love it! TFS

Cheryl said...

Very cute! I love the background you created.

Cheryl said...

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate.

Anyhow I love this card. Great job on the background.

frecklesandpawprints said...

the snowmen are so cute!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

The snowmen are so cute and the background snow is perfect. Very cute.

Vicki said...

Oh Michelle, this is too cute! Awesome job with the masking and coloring! I always get inspired when I visit your blog! Blessings to you!

Fleming Printing said...

Just so adorable! Love the snowmen and you did a great job!

Lesley said...

I just love snowflakes and snowmen, how cute!

dawnmercedes said...

oh! those snow peeps are so adorable! i like the icy color combo too!

Andrea said...

Lovin those little snowmen holding a heart! Great job!

Nancy said...

Michelle,
Your card is gorgeous. I love how you made the snowflake background paper and the use of the white gel pen for your snow with the snowmen.

Thank you for the sweet comment about my card. I've never timed myself with the stitching. I do it while watching TV. Probably 45 minutes total.

Juanita said...

Aww, this is so cute, love the image and snowflakes.

Cheryll AW said...

Adorable snowmen. The coloring is perfect. Love the snowflake accents, and those little snowflakes falling from the sky are just the right touch. My first thought when I saw them was, "I must read your instructions to see how you created that card." Thanks for the masking technique refresher.

Terry said...

Adorable card Michelle. You're getting me so excited to get my room done and get stamping again.. Congrats on being customer Sunday Spotlight for Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps Blog... It's so well deserved friend...

Susan said...

how clever to mask in order to get the effect of the sky. it's perfect. I love winter skies of all colors but yours reminds me of the ones we get often

dawnmercedes said...

hey! post pix of that carton!!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

This is so sweet!