Friday, July 16, 2010

Sailing Birthday


Paper Makeup Stamps - M4TW35 use felt
SCS Sketch Challenge - SC289

This week's Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge is to use felt on your card. I went digging through leftover supplies from the boys' school projects and found this dark blue glittery felt. Oooh, so what could I make with that? I decided to go through my paper next and chose this sheet from Basic Grey Lime Rickey that matched the felt pretty well. Once I had that picked, it made me think of water, so using the Sailing By set from Paper Makeup Stamps was a natural choice. Then I thought hey, if I cut the felt to look like waves it would fit this week's sketch challenge pretty well. And so, hey, I did just that! {grin}

I used versamark ink to emboss with my Night of Navy Classic ink pad and clear EP. I picked copics that matched my paper and colored the sail boat simply. I used dimensionals to pop up the boat panel over the felt. I love how fast this card came together - all starting with that piece of felt!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll join us in this week's challenge to use felt on your card. Be sure to link it up here if you do!

Blessings,



Stamps: Sailing By by Paper Makeup Stamps
Paper: Confetti Cream, Night of Navy, Lime Rickey by Basic Grey
Ink: Versamark, Night of Navy
Accessories: Sparkly Felt, Dew Drops, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Copics

7 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

Great idea! super color scheme!

Tina said...

Oh my word, this is so fun!

Shaela said...

LOVE these colors, blue and yellow look so great together!! Love the bright yellow sails too... and those stamps are amazing!! ;) lol

Danni said...

Look at how creative you are!! What a fabulous card!

Carma said...

The felt waves are perfect and the clear blue dots look like drops of water!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a beautiful summer card Michelle!! The felt waves are perfect!! Love your new blog look!!
hugs,
Chris

Hope all is well. Miss you!

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! This is so fantastic Michelle! The felt and dp are perfect! Great job with the challenge!