Saturday, August 21, 2010

Daring Adventure

This is actually a card that I made a year ago before I started my blog, so it never got posted here. It might look familiar to some of you who would have seen it in my SCS gallery though. I have the digi stamp of this Word Art by Paper Makeup Stamps and I enlarged it here to really make that saying the focal point of this card.

This card just kind of sums up my mood right now. After a difficult week of my grandfather's health failing, he passed away on Thursday night. Thankfully, I had the chance to speak to him over the phone, even though he couldn't speak back to me. But I know from my aunt, that he recognized and understood me while I talked to him. And each of my sons played a song on the piano for him, as music was always an important part of his life. He was a great fiddle player. Even though we lived far apart, he never missed a birthday or Christmas or anniversary for me and my children. You could count on a card or package in the mail from Grandpa Red. He had red hair, thus the nickname.

So no new stamping from me for now. It's been a week to focus on family and now we'll be gathering with everyone in Ohio for the funeral. I'm looking forward to seeing extended family that I've not seen for a long time and celebrating my grandfather's life of daring adventure with them.


Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps: Digi word art
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey Archaic
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Paper Shapers border punch, brads


Dawn Mercedes said...

Hope you are all managing well enough!! Hugs!

Miria said...

Dear Michelle, I'd like to give you all my love for this sad event. I lost my grandparents many years ago but I can still remember them so well and I can understand your feelings. I think that you couldn't find a better way to remember your granpa than this card. With love. Miria

Ginny said...

I absolutely love these colors on this card. I hope your travels go well these next few days and I'll be prayin for ya. And happy early anniversary.

Ronnie said...

Michelle, I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandfather. It is difficult to say good-bye to loved ones, but it sounds like your Grandfather had a good life. I wish you safe travels this week. Your card is beautiful, and I love the sentiment. It is perfect.

Sew-Ink said...

Sorry to hear about you loss. Your card is gorgeous, love the bold colors!

Tina said...

Wow, I love the mix of colors.
Big hugs to you on the loss of your grandfather.

Nancy said...

So sorry about your loss, but what a joy for him to hear that music. A wonderful card!!