Monday, May 7, 2012

May Flowers and A Hop


It's Monday and the 7th, which means we have a new Digi Makeover Challenge and a Blog Hop for you from Paper Makeup Stamps!  There's also new digis being released at PMS that you can see here - yay!

So, be sure to check out the beginning at the PMS Blog for a peek at the {new digis} and all the {prize details} for both the hop and the challenge.  Then if you're hopping along, you should have arrived here from Katie's Blog.  {wink}

I suppose my card looks more like summer flowers than May flowers now that I think about it. {giggle}  Oh well, I'm just so excited Faith, Hope, Love is being released as a digi set!  I love being able to flip and size digis so they don't all look the same scale and angle.  I used Paint.net for saving flipped versions and then set up my scene with the png files in Word.  I then used a brayer and post-it notes to create the sunny day effect like I learned from Michelle Zindorf's class.

Before you go, let me remind you that any rubber stamp inventory left in the PMS Store is on clearance for 75% off.  Just use the code CLOSEOUT75 in your cart.

Okey-dokey - time to hippity-hop to Tangii's Blog and see what sweet flowers she has waiting for you!


Challenges: SCS Featured Stamper #274 inspired by Heather's Sunrise Trees, Sassy Cheryl's #113 May Flowers, Moving Along with the Times Summer Sunshine, Pixie Dust Studio #125 Flowers, Little Darlings #22 Flowers, Scrapalicious Flower Power, Crazy Amigo Challenge Flowers, Crazy 4 Challenges #135 Great Outdoors, Speedy Fox #106 Three of Something, Crafty Catz #131 May Flowers
Images: Faith Hope Love digi set by Paper Makeup Stamps
Paper: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Basic Black
Ink: More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Printer ink for digi images
Accessories: Brayer, Post-It Notes, 1-1/2" circle punch for mask, SU! Photo Corner Punch, Gems, White Gel Pen, Sponge for edges

24 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Wow - this is stunning! Love how you did the background!!

Donna said...

This is such a gorgeous card! I'd love to know how to flip digis around. I'll have to check youtube and other places for a tutorial. Thanks for the inspiration!

Michelle said...

Your card looks so great. I love the sun colours you used.
LG Michelle

Eret said...

Wow, Michelle. Your card is absolutely stunning. So gorgeous colors. Love how you did the sunbeams and everything else too :)

rachel said...

This is absolutely stunning - a really fantastic card! Rachel xx

Tangii said...

Don't you just love that stamp set?! Love the technique & colors!

Kate said...

Great colors! LOVE this technique. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends.

Unknown said...

Wow! I love the look of this! It is BEAUTIFUL Michelle!

Jackie said...

Oh WOW Michelle, this is jsut stunning! I love how you created this background and the silhouettes look azaming! Fabulous job!

jkreucher said...

Oh my gosh! is this ever striking! Love the vibrant colors! so beautiful!
thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl May Flowers challenge this week!
hugs
Judy

Danni said...

This is just stunning!!! Wowzers!

Mau xx said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous, what beautiful colours and such perfect shading from colour to colour.
Thanks for taking part in the MAWTT challenge.
Hugs Mau xx

Sassy Cheryl said...

Well, if your weather is like ours it's summer already. :)
This is super gorgeous and I LOVE the colors. I think it's perfect!
Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's MAY FLOWERS challenge.

buggin2stamp said...

I love how you used this set. I love the silhouette sets, but never know what to do with them. I may use your card for inspiration in the future.

Sanwanya said...

what a great card soo pretty!!

Sanwanya

Carma said...

FABULOUS! Just a perfect combination of color and silhouette!

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Michelle! I love the technique you used to create the rays of the sun! Just beautiful!

Pat said...

Very nice job. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

stampingbowd said...

This is lovely! I love the rays of sunlight!!! Simply stunning! Thank you for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends!

Stampin_melissa said...

Wow! Your card is drop-dead gorgeous!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love the sun background in this scene. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends this week. Hope to see you back next week.

Designing with Debbie said...

Beautiful card. I love the technique you used with the sun. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun and more chances to win with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

sammi said...

Wow, gorgeous! Love the background! I'm loving this hop so far!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous rays!