Monday, October 19, 2009

Fresh Baked Gingerbread Man


I made this card for a new challenge at Sherrod Studio called the Tuesday Throwdown. This week's challenge was to use their sketch. I used a pre-printed notecard for my background (Limited Supply Challenge on Splitcoast). On my card it's very subtle, but there are two triangle vellum pieces over the background. I used the gingerbread man outline from Fresh Baked on Kraft cardstock. I love how easy it is to position the vest, face and stripes with the clear stamps. I filled in all the white areas with a gel pen. Another thing that I like about clear stamps is how you can gently curve them on the acrylic block and make a straight saying wavy. I thought it went well with the wavy frosting on his arms and the border punch. I chose grosgrain ribbon because of the striped texture it has.

Thanks for looking and have a blessed day! :)

7 comments:

Dawn Mercedes said...

I know! Sherrod Studio has made me eat my words about clear stamps! Tomorrow is their next challenge...get ready!

Kim said...

I love what you did with the gingerbread guy! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us hope to see you for next week's challenge.

Sew-Ink said...

Very cute and the back ground looks good!

Vicki said...

Great challenge card, Michelle! Gotta love those clear stamps, too! Blessings to you!

Vickie Y said...

Aww, your gingerbread man is soooo cute! Fabulous card! TFS

Kelly said...

this is one of my fave sets! you did a wonderful job on the sketch- the vellum is a fun and subtle touch! join SSTT again!

Stampin and Stylin Earhart Designs said...

love the candy cane feel of this Michelle. fun card.