Saturday, October 31, 2009
I received this sweet blog award from Vicki at Bountiful Blessings this week. I'm so honored! I love seeing what Vicki creates and reading about the process she took. And she's so encouraging and talented. Thanks Vicki! :)
Now here's the hard part. I'm supposed to tell five things about myself, and I've been at a loss what to share. Let's see.
1. I love having my boys home during the summer and hate to see school start each September. It seems most of my friends are the opposite and they can't wait to send their kids out the door.
2. I spent a semester in Costa Rica as an exchange student my junior year of college.
3. I turned the big 4-oh this year and had a very quiet birthday. That was perfect as I'm really not into a lot of fanfare and fuss. For some reason though, I catch myself thinking I'm 41 now and have to review the year to remind myself that I'm not! haha. Getting ahead of myself....
4. I do a lot of counting. At church each week I count the offering donations and do all the data entry for tracking financial statements. At school each month I review the lunch menu orders to check everyone's math and payments and follow up with credit and debit slips, etc. It's a lot of volunteer time, but it's so nice to "use my brain" and have the satisfaction of a job completed and done well.
5. I grew up as a PK (preacher's kid) in a little country church.
Okay, now it's my turn to share this award with five people.
Dawn Mercedes - I met her through Divine Secret Sisters and I love her style!
Terry - a sweet friend I know in real life!
Vickie Y. - the fairy godmother of Big Sisters in DSS. :)
Kim - who has kindly helped technically challenged me with digi stamps!
Danni - who leaves so many encouraging words to so many bloggers.