Saturday, October 31, 2009

Making Smiles


I received this sweet blog award from Vicki at Bountiful Blessings this week. I'm so honored! I love seeing what Vicki creates and reading about the process she took. And she's so encouraging and talented. Thanks Vicki! :)

Now here's the hard part. I'm supposed to tell five things about myself, and I've been at a loss what to share. Let's see.

1. I love having my boys home during the summer and hate to see school start each September. It seems most of my friends are the opposite and they can't wait to send their kids out the door.
2. I spent a semester in Costa Rica as an exchange student my junior year of college.
3. I turned the big 4-oh this year and had a very quiet birthday. That was perfect as I'm really not into a lot of fanfare and fuss. For some reason though, I catch myself thinking I'm 41 now and have to review the year to remind myself that I'm not! haha. Getting ahead of myself....
4. I do a lot of counting. At church each week I count the offering donations and do all the data entry for tracking financial statements. At school each month I review the lunch menu orders to check everyone's math and payments and follow up with credit and debit slips, etc. It's a lot of volunteer time, but it's so nice to "use my brain" and have the satisfaction of a job completed and done well.
5. I grew up as a PK (preacher's kid) in a little country church.

Okay, now it's my turn to share this award with five people.

Dawn Mercedes - I met her through Divine Secret Sisters and I love her style!
Terry - a sweet friend I know in real life!
Vickie Y. - the fairy godmother of Big Sisters in DSS. :)
Kim - who has kindly helped technically challenged me with digi stamps!
Danni - who leaves so many encouraging words to so many bloggers.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Michelle, I love hearing more about you! I was always the same way about school with my kids. And what wonderful volunteer work you do! I am thankful there are folks like you to do those tasks. I feel much safer in the kitchen...lol! Congrats on your award. richly deserved, and blessings to you!

Vickie Y said...

Hi Michelle! Thank you so very much for this honor! I will post it on my blog later today (you are so right, coming up with 5 things to write about oneself is not an easy task!). You are so very special in every way. I truly enjoyed having you as my little sis last spring. hUGS :)

dawnmercedes said...

ooh! I totally agree about your first thing! Thanks so much for the honor!

Danni said...

Nice to learn more about you. I just turned the big 4-0 too.
Thank you for thinking of me..I'm honored. I don't display awards on my blog anymore but I am truly touched and honored that you would think of little ol' me!!

amy said...

HEY! That's just like me! Well, except for the 2, 3, & 4 part! ;-)