Friday, October 8, 2010

Beauty and Vellum

Makeup 4 the Weekend - M4TW45 Use Vellum

I am hosting this week's challenge for Paper Makeup Stamps and it's a fairly simple one. All you have to do is use vellum somewhere on your card - easy peasy, right? I know this time of year is crazy now that school is back in full swing {at least it's that way for me, haha} and I wanted a challenge that could go with any kind of stamp or style card.

Okay, now that I've talked about how simple and easy my challenge *should* be, I have a confession! {LOL} I totally did this card the HARD way! I didn't even realize it until I had finished and sat back to take a look at it, haha. I knew that I wanted to use the word art
Beauty is looking inside a heart shape and I wanted to emboss a vellum background. For some reason I had it in my head that I needed to cut out a heart from the vellum to frame the saying, and so I had to have it all positioned *just right*. Once I got done fussing with that step, I thought the heart would look nice framed somehow. I had to line up the two heart nesties *just right* to get that thin scallop border to attach to my heart window. THEN I looked at it and realized I could have just done a 1/4 sheet of the embossed vellum with a scallop heart on top of that and a pink heart with the saying on top of that! Isn't that funny?! It would have been sooooo much easier that way. {roll eyes}

Now how would you like to win a single stamp of your choice? Here's all you have to do:

1. Participate in the challenge
2. Use PMS images (stamped or digi)

Easy right?!! Link up your creation on the
PMS Blog by midnight on Wednesday to be included in the Thursday Showoff and to be in the drawing for some free rubbah. While you don't have to use Paper Makeup Stamps to play in the challenge, you do need to use them to be entered in the drawing. Don't forget to mention the challenge in your post, and when you upload to SCS/PCP use the keyword M4TW45 so we can see your creations there as well. Also, be sure your link is directly to your challenge card to make it easier on those of us who love to comment. {happy face}

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all the beary best!




Stamps: Word Art 'Beauty is looking' by Paper Makeup Stamps
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Vellum Cardstock
Markers: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Marina Mist
Accessories: SU! embossing folder, Gems, Heart Nesties, Grosgrain Ribbon, Xyron

4 comments:

Miria said...

hi, Michelle. I know what you mean when you say to use the hard way! Stunning result, that vellum is gorgeous! Hugs. Miria

dawnmercedes said...

Ooh...gorgeous! I wanted to make a card this morning. But, you know motherhood. Things kept evolving and then my house needed attention and cleaning and then I decorated for Halloween. Then sewed on at least 20 patches. And that's the truth! haha. Just made C's tin foil meal...and the sleeping bag is still drying. And I have not showered...but a nap sounds nice! haha. I'll be sure to do your challenge!

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful with the vellum embossed and just love the sentiment! I too have taken the hard way many of times! Keeps us busy!

Veronica Z said...

This is a beauty! I love the embossing, and the heart and sentiment. So pretty!