Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sanded Embossing


At Flutterby Wednesday this week, we want to see some embossing on your creation {along with your butterfly, fairy or angel}.  It can be any kind of embossing. 

I've used an embossing folder called Playful Garden that I got from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design.  I embossed a piece of ColorCore cardstock and gently sanded the raised image to let some of the white show through. 

I found the gorgeous gingham ribbon at Pizzazz Aplenty.  It's just stiff enough to tie a perfect bow on the first try - love it!  The the sentiment is a rub-on that I got from SU! a long time ago. 

Thanks for fluttering by!  Be sure to check out the FBW Blog for more inspiration by our amazing team and then link up your own embossed fluttery creation there too.  {wink}

11 comments:

Amanda R said...

So pretty Michelle! I need to get my colorcore cardstock out and play some now!

Mary J said...

Wow, I love this Michelle! That ribbon just makes the whole thing pop!

Leanne said...

Hi Michelle!
This is terrific! I forgot about that embossing technique. Thank you for the reminder. That ribbon is awesome! Love ur card!
;)

Lynette said...

I love the sanded embossing - very fun and wonderful card!

Anna said...

Beautiful card! Love the embossing folder you used. I don't think I've seen it before.

Danni said...

Super pretty! I've never had success at sanding but you rocked it! the bow is the perfect accent!!

Michelle said...

Such a pretty card, Michelle. I like how you sanded it...such a pretty look. That sentiment is perfect for it as well

dawnmercedes said...

I would not have thought to emboss this on red. Such a cool card!

Karen Wilson said...

This is stunning. The sanding really added a punch, and so does that ribbon!!

Karen - FBWDT

Kristie W. said...

This is awesome, Michelle!! I really love the look of the sanded embossing. :)

Harriet Skelly said...

I love that embossing folder - I haven't seen that one before! The sanding looks great!!