Friday, September 18, 2009

Spooooky Willow Tree


Haha, okay so the willow tree isn't really spooky looking, but the Limited Supply Challenge on Splitcoast was to use spooky Halloween colors on your card. I've seen lots of purple and green combos for Halloween lately, so that's what I went with.

It's also a Flap Card for this week's PMS Monday challenge. I just love their stamps (thanks dawnmercedes for introducing me to them!) and this willow tree is no exception. I have fond memories of hanging on willow tree vines and swinging on them as a girl. :) Another wonderful thing is the word art you can find at Paper Makeup Stamps. There's a saying for anything in all kinds of fabulous fonts!

To get even coverage on the purple frame for the glitter, I covered the entire circle with adhesive in my xyron first. Then I centered the willow tree and stuck the two circles together. That left the outside of the purple circle ready to be covered with glitter for a sparkly frame. :) Then I found these little buttons in my stash and thought they looked just like arrows pointing in different directions like the saying says.

4 comments:

Mary G. said...

Very cute card!

Welcome to the blogosphere! :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty, I love the colors, I never knew how pretty, purple and olive were. Very nice!

dawnmercedes said...

what fun triangle buttons you have!! said little red ridinghood! haha

Mandy said...

This is gorgeous, love the willow tree and the cute buttons. Welcome to blogland, I've just become your 3rd follower
hugs Mandy xx