Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Funnest Person I Have Never Met


Dawn Mercedes is simply the funnest person I have never met! Not in person anyhow. I was blessed to be assigned as her Big Sis in Splitcoast's Divine Secret Sister program 4 years ago. She's so friendly and creative that I had a great time "stalking" her gallery and posts on Splitcoast and emailing her on the side while trying to maintain my secret identity. That's how I first learned about challenges. There was this entire section of Splitcoast that I never knew existed, but how fun Dawn made it look! That encouraged me to start doing challenges and uploading cards to my gallery. And I've continued to follow her on-line and email these last four years, long after our Secret Sister round ended. With my funnest DSS reveal ever on my birthday, btw. {grin}

I now hang streamers and decorate my children's doorways for their birthdays - a new tradition that they just LOVE and I got the idea from Dawn. In turn, they've begun decorating mom or dad's chair at the table when we have a birthday. It's so fun to see them enjoy receiving and then want to give too. We also take turns creating different kinds of fairies to send things to each other and our children. There are a couple Pokemon fairies out there, a gum ball fairy, a rubber stamp fairy, and more! There are some rumors of a Star Wars fairy too, haha. {wink} And, my oh my, she started doing some design team work a year ago and her creations are just amazing! So clever and detailed. I have many new "favorite" stamping sites that I've discovered through her design work.

Another fabulously fun thing about Dawn is she celebrates half birthdays. February 3rd was her half birthday and I just couldn't resist putting together this fun little package for her. I used some pretty papers from Paper Temptress (cocoa crepe ruche, blanc sparkle and vermillion sparkle). I just love how the sparkle papers shimmer and how rich and textured the ruche is - such a yummy combination! Perfect for wrapping that big Hershey bar and scallop heart nesties to go with her BIG heart that freely gives and shares her talent and thoughts on-line. For the card I lined the nestie up beside the fold so that it would only cut across the top and right side of the heart, allowing it to open up on the left side for a message. The saying is from Paper Makeup Stamps new Birthday Cheer set and I added the '1/2' with a red marker.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll visit Dawn's blog and gallery too. :) Have a blessed day!

Paper: Paper Temtress Cocoa Crepe Ruche, Blanc Sparkle, Vermillion Sparkle
Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps Birthday Cheer
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Accessories: Scallop Heart Nesties, Heart Nesties, Gem stickers, Gingham ribbon, tissue paper, Hershey bar (haha), marker

6 comments:

Jean Cross said...

I love that you decorate your kids' doors on their birthday. That's something they're probably going to do with their kids now. Thanks for coming by my blog! I love seeing new people. Love the milk carton thing, too.

dawnmercedes said...

Michelle!! You are so kind!! One of these days I am going to have to show up on your doorstep! Thanks a bunch...you never fail to surprise me. And you always beat me at sending packages.

I had to use a heart somewhere today!! Even if it was small and on the back. DD was true to herself. Didn't even mention that she had found that notebook until I just asked her if she had looked into her bag! What a silly girl!

Thanks for being my biggest stamping cheerleader!!

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

What a cute post! I may just have to steal the idea of decorating doorways for birthdays.

Scrappy said...

Very cute package! :-)

Christine Riley said...

What an adorable package! I'm sure your friend will adore it. I love the idea of half birthdays, too cute :)
Hugs, Christine

Lesley said...

I love it!