Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lighthouse Sketch

Paper Makeup Stamps - M4TW17 Sketch

Gabby from the Paper Makeup Stamps Design Team came up with this sketch for their Makeup for the Weekend challenge. It has a lot of layers, but after a lot of thought and rearranging of pieces, I think I got it just right. :) I paper-pieced the light house from the PMS set Sailing By. It's hard to see, but I colored the windows and edged the lighthouse with spica glitter pens. It gives it a very nice sparkly shadow on the left side. {grin} I used a cuttlebug embossing folder for some texture and added faux stitching to the layers rather than matting them which would have made my card even thicker. And I'm pretty pleased that I made a card without any white or vanilla cardstock ~ that's really hard for me to do!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a blessed day! {smile}




Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps: Sailing By, Everyday Thanks
Paper: Bordering Blue, So Saffron, Riding Hood Red, Kraft, Basic Black
Ink: Staz-on Jet Black
Accessories: Taupe Grosgrain Ribbon, Oval Punch, Piercing Tools, Black Marker, Spica Glitter Pens, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder


8 comments:

Christi said...

This is wonderful!! I love the colors!!!

Ronnie said...

I love this card! I really like how you have cascading layers, and the colors are so cheerful!

Karen from PA said...

Very cute! love the colors and the texture with the layers.

Danni said...

Wow!! What a superb card!! Really like this!

Cheryll AW said...

Love it! Being partial to lighthouses, this card is just right. Great job.

Jenn said...

I really like these bold colors! The Kraft paper sets it off.

Martha said...

great card

Rae Anne said...

This is a fabulous card in every detail - I love it!!! :D