Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Heartfelt Butterfly


Paper Makeup Stamps M4TW16 - Treat Bag
Flutter By Wednesday #97 - Butterfly, Fairy or Angel with Hearts

Here is a simple treat bag that I made. I have a small paper bag cut down to a 3-inch height to fit in between two Top Note die cuts. I've had this idea to make a butterfly using one of the heart images from Paper Makeup's Hugs and Kisses set. Then today I saw the Flutter By Wednesday challenge was to use hearts and I knew I could wait no longer! {grin} I love it when an idea and a challenge come together like that!

So, after stamping the heart twice on shimmery paper for the wings, I added brown pearls for the body and drew antennae with a spica pen before cutting it out and popping it up on the bag. The saying is from Paper Makeup's Everyday Thanks set and I think it just matches my butterfly so perfectly.

Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps: Hugs and Kisses, Everyday Thanks
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Brown, Close to Cocoa
Paper: Cool Caribbean, Shimmery White, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: SU! oval punches, brown pearls, spica pen, satin ribbon, sponge, marker, Cuttlebug folder, Top-Note Die, paper bag, glue dots

9 comments:

Danni said...

What a neat little bag!! Very cute! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Christi Flores said...

OMG how sweet!! I LOVEEEE that butterfly!!! Thank you so much for playing along in this week's Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge!!

Cassie said...

just fabulous! thanks for fluttering with us!

Kristie W. said...

What a neat treat bag! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday!

dawnmercedes said...

Oh! That butterfly is so clever! And..I nearly most made this as my treat bag too! Thanks for the great flutty by idea!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the butterfly as well!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week!

Randee E said...

This is the cutest!! Love that b-fly and the shape of your little treat bag. I ned to try that!!

Veronica Z said...

Oh this is SO pretty! I love your use of the CB folder and how nicely it coordinates with the stamped image! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I love these colors together!