Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hello Sunshine!

Splitcoast Queen for a Day - QFTD53 K Dunbrook
Splitcoast Clean and Simple - CAS111 sketch
Splitcoast Free 4 All - F4A57 Inspired by the Sun
Splitcoast Inspiration - IC277 Ruche

As you can see, this card was inspired by a few Splitcoast Challenges.  {grin}  I've had the CAS sketch on my mind all week, I've just flipped it upside down for my purposes.  Then I was struck by a few yellow cards in the SCS gallery from the Queen for a Day challenge.  I have to say that yellow is usually the last color I would reach for, but today I have found it cheery and attractive!  {LOL}  So, of course, when I checked out the Inspiration challenge this Marigold Ring stood out to me.  And how could I not include the Free 4 All challenge when sunny yellow fits it so perfectly!  {wink}  

This week's "Queen for a Day" is Queen Karen, otherwise known as "k dunbrook" on Splitcoast.  Her gallery is full of bright and cheery cards - love it!  I was inspired by Golden Flowers.  I love her yellow background and how she double matted her yellow flowers with black and white layers.  And her sentiment has to do with "sunshine" - perfect!  {grin}

My flower is from the Color It Summer set by Paper Makeup Stamps.  I've colored and outlined it simply with copic markers.  I also went over the petals and leaves with a clear spica glitter pen for some sparkle {that my camera apparently cannot see}.  Hello Sunshine! is one of the many simple sentiments that you can find in the PMS store

Thanks for the visit and I wish you a Sunny Day! 

Stamps: Color It Summer and Hello Sunshine by Paper Makeup Stamps
Paper: Basic Black, GKD Pure Luxury White, DeLovely DP by Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Circle Nesties, May Arts Ribbon, Dimensionals, Spica Clear Glitter Pen, Copic Markers Y8, Y15, Y28, G7, G28


Dawn Mercedes said...

oh wow! love both of these cards. now, after the sunshine challenge, I want to go on a yellow binge in card making! wow!

Carma said...

Yellow is usually the last color I reach for too, but this could change my mind. So bright, eye catching, and cheery. I love it!!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so cheery, Michelle! I love that sentiment (I have forgotten about it!). Lovely card!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love the bright and cheerful yellows on these delightful cards, Michelle!! Beautiful work!!

Crafting Misfit said...

Found you through Momo. Great blog :)

Shirley said...

Actually, I love both yours and the one you followed!!