Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Flutterby Case


As we approach the 200th Flutterby Wednesday Challenge next week, we want to CASE Danni's first ever Flutterby Wednesday card for Challenge 199. You can see her card to the left here.  Isn't it pretty?!

I just love the purple and turquoise together, so I've colored my butterfly from My Favorite Things "Inspired by Butterflies" set similarly to hers.  Since my butterfly is wider, I switched to a horizontal layout.  And I fully intended to tilt it in the same direction as the purple mat, but by happy accident I set it down cocked in the opposite direction and liked it better that way!  What do you think?

I used the MFT Die-namics Leafy Flourish to make a stencil and color in the background with a versamarker.  And I thought my butterfly needed to completely sparkle, so the entire panel was run through my xyron and coated with dazzling diamonds glitter.  Then, instead of 2 clips I put on two gem accents.

And finally Danni has an important announcement to make.  Be sure to stop by her Flutterby Wednesday blog and read what she has to say.

7 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Michelle this is absolutely beautiful - you matched Danni's colors perfectly! I have enjoyed being on the team with you and getting to know you and will definitely miss FBW!
Hugs, Harriet

Michelle said...

Oh Michelle this is so pretty!! LOVE it!! Like how you did the focal point in tilting in opposite directions!

Danni said...

Wowzers!! LOVE this!! So pretty and I adore all the sparkle!

Anna said...

Love it! Love the bling center with your butterfly!

Lynette said...

Such a beautiful butterfly and your coloring of it is awesome! Love the total sparkle, too. I need to remember to do that. I always love sparkle!

Leanne said...

Oooo!!! Pretty!! Love that butterfly and all the sparkles too! Love how you case'd Danni's card.
;)

Karen Wilson said...

I did the same with my card and loved it! Yours looks awesome, so very pretty! You really did an amazing "case" with Danni's card!