Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall Charlotte

Sparkle Creations - Operation Write Home
Splitcoast Sketch Challenge -
SC300

I just placed my first order for a few stamps from
Sparkle Creations and I have to say how impressed I am with her rubber stamps. The rubber is so thick with the deepest etching I've ever seen on a rubber stamp. I got a crisp, clear image the first time I stamped and I just love how detailed the pictures are. I couldn't wait to get one inky and start coloring! {grin}

This is also the first of many cards that I hope to make for
Operation Write Home. My brother is a soldier who has been deployed many times and I know how much it means to them to have hand-made cards that they can send to their loved ones back home. Sparkle issued a challenge to make a fall-themed card for OWH, so I chose to ink up Fall Charlotte first.

I embossed Charlotte on watercolor paper and used ink and an aquapainter to color her in. The paper is from the Basic Grey Pyrus collection. I used Sketch #300 from the Splicoast Challenges for my layout. You have to check out the celebration they're having this week for their 300th sketch and all the prizes being offered! {so fun!}

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all the beary best!




Stamps: Fall Charlotte by Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Basic Grey Pyrus, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Colorbox Pigment Black, Bordering Blue, Baja Breeze, Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Blush Blossom
Accessories: Aquapainter, SU! Embossing Folder, MFT Large Scallop Dienamics, Black EP, Sponge

3 comments:

SemSee said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle! I adore that BG Pyrus paper (goes so well with these fall images), and your colouring of Fall Charlotte is superb!! Thank you so much for your super sweet comments on my blog! :o) Hope you have a fabby weekend!! Hugs, Simonne x

Danni said...

Gorgeous card!!

Veronica Z said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the image, and the awesome job you did coloring it! The dsp, and embossed background go perfectly together!