Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Flutterby Wednesday #123


Flutterby Wednesday - FBW123 Totally Open Challenge for ALL Winged Things
Splitcoast Clean and Simple - CAS85 Fall Colors Red, Vanilla, Kraft, Brown

This week's Flutterby Wednesday challenge is one of my favorites yet! This week, and this week ONLY, it is open to ALL winged things instead of being limited to fairies, butterflies and angels. Break out those ladybugs, bumblebees, birds, dragonflies, lightning bugs, etc. and get inky with us! {grin}

For today's card I used an image from one of my new Ippity sets called Totally Happy. The sentiment is from another Ippity set called Just Wanted to Say. I decided to try to make a Clean and Simple card using this week's challenge for fall colors from Splitcoast. I inked up the fence/bird stamp with Crumb Cake ink (previsouly known as Kraft). Then I used markers to outline the fence and add some red to the bird before stamping the image on my vanilla cardstock.

The picture is cut out with a Labels Eleven Nestie and outlined with a Lipstick Red spica glitter pen. I added some texture in the background with a cuttlebug folder called Floral Screen and popped up the bird & fence on some dimensional tape. {ta-da!} And I couldn't resist adding just a few brown pearls in the corner. {wink}

Thanks for fluttering by and I hope you have an inky day!



Stamps: Totally Happy and Just Wanted to Say from Ippity Stamps
Paper: Very Vanilla, Ruby Red
Ink: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
Markers: Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Real Red
Accessories: Labels Eleven Nesties, Lipstick Red Spica Glitter Pen, Dimensional Tape, Floral Screen Embossing Folder, Brown Pearls

10 comments:

Miria said...

Hi, Michelle. Clean and simple but very elegant! I like the colours and tthe embossed background. Hugs. Miria

Shaela said...

love this CAS card - very pretty, and the textured background is such a great touch!

Nancy said...

So beautiful and serene, Michelle!! I love it!! Great job this week!

Michelle said...

Oh how pretty! Love me some red birds! The embossing adds so much - awesome card!

Danni said...

This is so nice! It has a calming effect...wonderful job!

Randi WS said...

Hi Michelle!
You card is really beautiful, love the CAS style and the colors are lovely!
Hugs, Randi WS ;)

Veronica Z said...

Michelle this card is SO pretty! I love the CB background and the beautiful fence, and bird.

dawnmercedes said...

oh wow...do you have a steady hand! great job using that embossing folder. I have it but rarely use it!

Ronnie said...

absolutely stunning!!!!

Ginny said...

Oooh just caught up a bit tonight on my blogging and I recognize this card! I have it sitting on my shelf :)

Really love this card!