Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hello Pinwheel!

Hello! {waving} Welcome to your first stop on Paper Makeup Stamps September Release Blog Hop! My card today features the Pinwheel image that complements the pinwheel-blowing Kat Fairy. I used the cuttlebug candy cane stripe embossing folder on the panels of colored paper. The "Hello!" sentiment is from this month's Little Moments set. For the pinwheel itself, I stamped and colored it three times so I could cut out and layer it for more dimension. Here is a close-up of that.


I added stickles to the green sections for some sparkle and outlined the entire pinwheel in yellow to help frame it on the card. I was so excited to find that tiny button in my collection to help finish off the center of it. {grin}


Here is your first letter towards your discount code for this month's release. We hope you'll join us tonight at the PMS forum for some fun games and chatter at our Release Party. There will be a couple challenges that you can play along with this week too. {yay!} And now it's time to hop to Andrea's blog and see what fantastic feat of Crafty Engineering she has for you today!

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all the beary best!



Stamps: Little Moments and Pinwheel by Paper Makeup Stamps
Paper: Basic Black, So Saffron, Green Galore, Real Red, Bashful Blue, GKD Pure Luxury White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Dimensionals, Button, Stickles, Cuttlebug Candy Cane Stripe Embossing Folder

22 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

love this! The dimension is awesome!! Thanks so much for being a part of this team!

dawnmercedes said...

I like the angled embossing lines! And the button is just a great accent...size and color!

silvia said...

Cute card!! LOVE the bright colors!!

Bonnie said...

Love all the popups and the beautiful glitter on your pinwheel! Fabulously pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love the blocks of color and the way you popped up the pinwheel :)

Stephanie Zito said...

Wonderful card Michelle! Love the dimension, embossing and happy fun colours!

JayLynn said...

So pretty! I love the embossing :)

Randee E said...

Gorgeous bright colors!! Love the geometric background - kinda reminds me of the Partridge family-sort of has a funky retro feel to it :0) and of course the layering and button are tops!

Kelly Sas said...

Love that 3 dimensional pin wheel! Great card.

Miria said...

Hi, Michelle! These bright colours are so lovely and I like the 3d effect on the pinwheel! hugs. Miria

AScrappersDelight said...

Love the fun pinwheel card!

AScrappersDelight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christi Flores said...

This is wonderful!! That dimension is just perfect and I love those fun colors!!

jan farnworth said...

love the pinwheel very cute.

Danni said...

Lovin' all the happy colors on this fab card! Super cute!

Tina said...

Oh gosh, Michelle, this is sweet as can be.

Mandi said...

What a cute card! :)

Jami said...

Too cute! Love the dimension and the fun bright colors!!

Unknown said...

I love your card.... that pinwheel looks amazing, the dimension is amazing!

Love the colors of your panels.... the first thing I thought of when I seen it was Simon Says (you know the old round color memory game)!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

Mama Vix said...

Really lovely card, I love how you've done the pinwheel, and the colours are great.

Von said...

I just love your color combo...this is an adorable stamp!

Kristie W. said...

Cute colorful card!