Monday, February 21, 2011

CAS Guest Designer

Splitcoast Clean and Simple - CAS107 Make Your Own Background

This week I have the honor of being one of the guest designers for the CAS Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  It's a technique challenge to make your own background.  I had lots of ideas and finally settled on some faux embossing.  I played around with some circles first and that made me think of Angie Angelfish.  {grin}  I love how one idea leads to another.  My son has a red and blue betta fish that he has named Captain America - isn't that cute?!  So, my inspiration for Angie's coloring came from his pet fish.  I went back to my stamping roots and shaded her with chalk pastels.  I like how I can swirl together different shades of chalk for new tones of color. 

For some added interest, I pressed each of the background circles on my Versamark Dazzle Frost ink pad.  It gives them just the right amount of a slightly darker, sparkly tone to them.  Love how they shimmer in real life.  Angie's circle is popped up on dimensional tape.  Her little "happy day!" saying is one of many from the Little Moments set.  The baker's twine was gifted to me from my fellow DT member Jami Bova ~ Thanks Jami! 

I'm so happy you stopped by today!  And I'm wishing you all the beary best! 

Stamps: Angie Angelfish and Little Moments by Paper Makeup Stamps
Paper: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Gina K. Pure Luxury White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark Dazzle Frost
Accessories: Chalk Pastels, Bakers Twine, Dimensional Tape, SU! 1/2" Circle Punch, SU! 3/4" Circle Punch

4 comments:

Carma said...

This is adorable! Love the background technique and Angie is colored beautifully.

Danni said...

Neat idea with the VersaMark Dazzle Frost...I don't have any of it but it's on my list.
Cute card!

Veronica Z said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the fish image,and the bakers twine!

dawnmercedes said...

Nice job using that twine! I have yet to really get enough mojo to use it myself! LOVE the color blue you used too. Great name for a beta!