Monday, February 7, 2011

I {heart} birthdays

Paper Makeup Stamps is turning 2 years old! And to celebrate the occasion, we are having a super fun VIP blog hop with the theme "the things we love". The entire design team invited special crafters to play along in this hop. To see everyone involved, please go back to the Paper Makeup Stamps company blog for a master list as well as to enter yourself to win a super fabulous prize!  


Today is my younger son's 11th birthday and I found this perfect sketch at Stamp With Fun for his card.  I have used our favorite colors, which he expects on all of his hand-made cards from me.  {wink}  Gus the Birthday Monster is the type that you just want to cuddle and not run and hide from, haha.

Next you want to hop on over to my special guest's blog {Nancy} and see the sweetest card ever that she's created for you!  

Stamps: Gus the Birthday Monster and Birthday Cheer by Paper Makeup Stamps
Paper: DCWV All About Boys DP, SU! DP, Real Red, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, GKD Pure Luxury White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Heart Nestie, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots EF, Copic Markers

18 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

Does this mean he's your favorite son?? haha. (Just joking!) I love the bold design!

Jenny said...

I love that big heart! Very cute card!

Rita said...

cute!

Nancy said...

Michelle, you were so sweet to invite me to participate in this super fun blog hop!! Your card is amazing, and I know your son will love it!! What a great age!! Thanks again!

Angie Blom said...

Wonderful card, love it!

Sharman said...

Very cute card. love the image...

Judy said...

Really cute card! TFS

Jami said...

Love Gus...and that big red heart is fabulous tucked in there - what a great guy card with the bright colors. Very cute!!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

oh i love the bold primary colors and I LOVE GUS!!! I need to ink him up more often for some birthday cards!

Unknown said...

Fabulous design with that heart peeking out.

Carisa said...

too cute!

Cheryl Valadez said...

CUTE! What a fun card! Your son is going to love this ;D What lucky guy that his mom is so talented!

Stephanie Zito said...

Awwh! So sweet and cute Michelle!!!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Love the super cute image and the cheery theme on this card. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

FibreJunky said...

Super cute Michelle!! Happy birthday to your son - perfect card for an 11yo!

Katie Cotton said...

this card just makes me happy! Thank you so much for being i think, Paper Makeup Stamps numebr one fan! You have been such a delight to have on the team!!! I just adore you!!!! And happy birthday to the little man!

Ginny said...

Super cute card for a boy. Love that monster. I used him soooo much last year for birthday cards!

Carma said...

Just love this bright, fun color palette and I love plaid paper!! So cute!