Monday, February 28, 2011

Lemonade Sketch

Cardabilities - Sketch #26


Paper Makeup Stamps is sponsoring this week's sketch challenge at Cardabilities.  One lucky participant will win a $15 gift certificate!  Be sure to check out some more samples from the Makeup Artists on the PMS blog

The half circles on this sketch reminded me of the citrus stamp from Freckled Lemonade.  I used some yummy papers from from the Sparkle and Ruche collections at Paper Temptress for a very sparkly card.  I embossed some extra shimmery lemons with Versamark Dazzle Frost ink and clear powder on Sparkle Mangue cardstock.   The red paper is Sparkle Vermillion cardstock and the glass of lemonade was actually stamped on Sparkle Blanc for a shimmery effect there too.  If you click on the photo to enlarge it, I think you can see all the sparkle a bit better.

White Crepe Ruche cardstock gives my background such great texture and it absorbed the ink perfectly for my sentiment without bleeding or omitting any of it.  Love it!  {grin}

Thanks for passing by today!  I hope you'll play along with us at Cardabilities - can't wait to see what you create with this fun sketch!  

Stamps: Freckled Lemonade by Paper Makeup Stamps
Paper: Sparkle Blanc, Sparkle Vermillion, Sparkle Mangue, White Crepe Ruche from Paper Temptress
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark Dazzle Frost
Accessories: Copic Markers, MS Bubble Bath Punch, Baker's Twine, Dimensional Tape, Clear EP  

3 comments:

Randee E said...

So fun and summery! Love it!

Carma said...

Makes me even more ready for warm weather! Great idea for this sketch!!

dawnmercedes said...

DEfintitely a GREAT idea! I keep looking at this set in my binders...and then put off using it b/c it's cold outside. haha. maybe I need to change my thinking!